Scientists attached a "crittercam" to Humbolt squid and said, WOW after watching what happens under the sea with these remarkable creatures.
Here are some amazing new facts explained by Science News:
- Are capable of amazing bursts of speed, up to nearly 45 mph (72 km/h)--the same as the fastest ocean fish
- They "talk" to each other by changing their body color--like flashing Christmas tree lights
- They hunt in big organized groups
- Smaller squid tend keep their distance from the bigger ones
- Their bite is one of the world's most powerful--one squid shattered a Kevlar plate (20 times stronger than steel) with its beak. A crocodile may be the only animal with a stronger bite.