2) The dolphin asks for the attention of the divers;
3) The divers discover that the dolphin needs help. It is entangled with fishing line. (Fishing line that someone might have carelessly thrown into the ocean.);
4) How the divers and the dolphin work together to cut and remove the fishing line from the dolphin's fin.
Fishing line tossed into creeks, rivers, lakes and oceans is dangerous to the creatures that live there. Birds also get entangled with fishing line. Fishhooks are also dangerous, as seen in the video above.
When you go fishing watch for a fishing line recycling container like the one pictured here.
This way you will be a friend of fish, mammals, sea turtles, and birds.
What should you do if you see a marine mammal or sea turtle entangled?
- Keep your distance. Injured, sick or entangled animals can be unpredictable and dangerous.
- Please call the NOAA Marine Mammal Hotline: 1-888-256-9840.
What are your thoughts about this video? You can comment below.