1. Be sure all plastic toys, bottles (and their tiny lids), and bags go home with you. Fish and birds might eat that plastic if it goes into the sea.
2. Sea stars (starfish) are beautiful to look at in tide pools. Leave them there, even if you really, really want to keep it for its beauty. It will die. Oh, and it will stink too.
3. If a sign reads “Dogs Must Be On Leash” please do. There may be tiny birds or other sea life that would be harmed by a dog splashing thru the waves or romping across the sand.
4. Even a tiny candy wrapper tossed on the beach will wind up in the ocean. Fish easily mistake shiny wrappers for food. Wrappers can poison fish.
5. Stay on marked paths. Stay off of beach areas when signs ask you to do so. Someone is trying to save a delicate plant or stop unnatural erosion.